PDA

View Full Version : Can you go to grad school if you don't like research?

sweet butterfly
03-07-2008, 03:13 AM
Hi,

I'm extremely interested in molecular biology as applied to clinical research in various specific topics, and I am dying to know everything I can about these areas. I also would like to contribute to better understanding of certain topics through synthesizing research and coming up with ideas for new research directions.

However, I detest molecular biology research. I've done it research in the past and hated it. I've done many kinds of research and found statistics research tolerable, but in general, I'd prefer to work with actual people, maybe on clinical research.

Maybe I should look into an MD/PhD? I am interested in holistic healthcare, so the MD part might be culturally stressful for me, but ... what do you think?

How can I pursue a PhD where I get to learn about molecular events but don't have to do molecular research myself? What's a good way to mix molecular bio and clinical research?

Thanks

jakehussie
06-24-2009, 02:02 PM
If you're decided on taking up your desired course then it's no surprise that along with it are the conditions for you to be accredited and one of which is doing or preparing researches. One cannot avoid doing such since learning is a continuous process in order to improve oneself and contribute greatly in the world today.